In December 2018, I enrolled in “Teach English Now!”, Arizona State University’s two-part TESOL certification program offered through Coursera. This 150-hour program adheres to the TESOL International Association’s standards for short-term certificate programs. The program includes six courses covering fundamental teaching practices; second language acquisition theory; lesson planning; writing, reading, and grammar instruction; listening, speaking, and pronunciation instruction; and teaching with technology. It includes a peer-reviewed capstone project and an expert-reviewed capstone project.
Below are the artifacts I produced for an expert-reviewed teaching portfolio, which I submitted in August 2019. Arizona State University reviewers chose this portfolio as an exemplary model for future students in the “Teach English Now” program.
Bridget Manley: TESOL Teaching Portfolio
- Edited Reading/Writing Lesson Plan with Technology
- Technology-Enriched Reading/Writing Lesson Plan
- Edited Listening/Speaking Lesson Plan with Technology
- Technology-Enriched Listening/Speaking Lesson Plan
- Grammar Lesson Plan
- Pronunciation Lesson Plan
- Capstone 1 Lesson Plan
- Original Reading/Writing/Grammar Lesson Plan
- Original Listening/Speaking/Pronunciation Lesson Plan
- Technology-Enriched Lesson Plan